Today I worked on the Berkmart Event project
Typing: I upped my top score slightly. Likely due to having a less stressful week than in the past.
I finished the BerkMart assignment: I had to do a few of the steps a couple of times either because I didn’t read the instructions carefully enough or I didn’t like my first presentation result. I didn’t use the split command cause I almost had the data entered when Jose reminded us of it. I think I’ll remember the next time!
After the assignment, I worked on my Skillsoft coursework.
Oh…and I’m loving Grammarly! I must have been sending out a lot of mistakes previously.
Today we worked on our Berkmart event projects. A registration form had to be put together as demonstrated in the assignment. The hard part was putting together data into google sheets.
Carrie and Devin pulled me into a breakout room for a core check-in. PRO is a challenging as well as a pleasurable course to take. Go CTP!
Today I finished my BerkMart Prohect, Jose showed us a very efficient way of arranging our data and from then on I got it done faster than I would have had I entered it manually. I was so efficient I was able to complete the extra credit assignment.
Today I am finishing up the Google sheets assignment. I was able to complete all the tasks for the project. I didn’t have time to do the extra credit. I have a little difficulty with the formatting and I will need to spend more time exploring its function.
Today Jose showed us how to simplify our project by using sheets more effectively or efficiently. I did the work the hard way first! He showed us how to split data by for example a dash or comma and you can use a filter to go through your data and get the specific information you need. Jose showed us how to super simplify the project! It was great.
It was computer usage lesson-day. We reviewed google docs and browser tips. I had not caught the xtab tip last time so it was good to review. And we spent some time figuring out the tab grouping option in Google Chrome. I found that very exciting since having too many tabs is like having a cluttered desktop for me. But I don’t want to close tabs in the middle of a project.
Then we worked on our Berkmart Conference project. I found a hotel. chose a date, and made the reg form. But when tried to set up the google sheet my computer stalled. It was close to class-end so I worked on the tabs that were already opened and restarted my computer after class ended so I could make this post.
Today I worked on the Berkmart Event project
Today Jose really went over the google sheets. I learned alot from that. Also, Mike went over web browsers again and how to control the number of tabs you have up, etc. I didn’t know we could do that. Then Marc went into our BerkMart Event Project. Today feels like it went fast even though there was alot of information.
Today we are learning how to use Google Sheets to create a registration and event planning for the company’s 1st Annual BerkMart Investors Conference. We need to set the date, place, and the guest’s list of requirements. How many required flights, hotel, and vegetarian so we can accommodate them accordingly.
Today, I was able to review Google docs and Google Sheets.
Today we began working on the Berkmart Event Project. I began looking for a hotel to book and I got the even registration set up. I will begin working on data entry for the guest tomorrow. I like how this lab makes you think in a more organized way. It is hard to book hotel rooms, flights, and meal preferences for 25 people without using a spreadsheet, with it, things should go smoothly.
Today we did a web browser review. The second hour was spent looking at this week’s Berkmart event project due this Thursday. Still haven’t finished last week’s accountability assignment. It is difficult to master a computer course, but the benefits are great.
Then we got a refresher from Carrie about resume writing and launched into editing our resumes. Since I have opted to have a Plan A & Plan B resume I worked on Plan B. When I met with Carrie about Plan A she recommended I make some changes to help my reader connect the dots between my work experience and my job title and also recommended I add an objective.
In the last hour, Carrie quizzed us on our interview questions. I couldn’t get my 2nd version to load so I winged it a bit. Even so, it’s clear I need a 3rd version and more practice.
Today I worked on my job log and my Interview Questions
Today we did a little company research. We studied the characteristics of an actual bank. Following that, I added 4 links to my job log including my resume. Finally, we did an interview Q & A. It was a productive day as usual.
Today, I was able to review how to research a company for my personal benefit and also went over how to clean up my resume.
Today we did a company research assignment. It was similar to an assignment done with Mike and Marc except for Carrie told us the organization to research rather than us picking it. We also worked quite a bit on the interview questions and answers. It was inspiring to hear everyone’s answers because it helped me to word my own answers better. I was able to change my responses to the questions and answer them in a much more positive manner.